The City Lit takeover aims to showcase the rich creative talent to emerge from City Lit as well as bring a taste of what we do to the creative heart of South London.
Stop wondering 'what if?' and join us this April to try your hand at a variety of taster sessions. Sessions include creative writing, dance, jazz, jewellery, music, photography, printmaking., or simply come along to The NINES, enjoy a drink, see some art.
Let’s celebrate what happens if you engage your creative potential!
WEDNESDAY 5TH APRIL
- Live Music from 5 4 SAX and The Scunts - 20:00 - 23:00 - free drop in
THURSDAY 6TH APRIL
- What if..? Exhibition talk by Ian Tucknott, followed by exhibition tours - 11:30 - 13:00 - Free drop in
- Ukulele Workshop - 14:00 - 15:30 - £5.00
- City Lit Flicks - 19:00 - 20:00 - Free drop in
- Flamenco dance workshop - 20:30 - 22:00 - Free drop in
FRIDAY 7TH APRIL
- A taste of creative writing - 11:30-13:30 - £5
- Can bad art be good? Talk and workshop - 14:00 - 17:00 - £5.00
- City Lit talks back - 19:00 - 20:00 - Free drop in
- Jazz dance class - 20:30 - 22:00 - Free drop in
SATURDAY 8TH APRIL
- Design and Make a Pendant with Cuttlefish Casting - 11:15 - 13:30 - £5.00
- Screen print taster: Make a screen print from paper stencils - 13:45 - 15:00 - - £10.00
15:15 - 16:30 - £10.00
- What if...Peckham: design and make statement jewellery for the future of Peckham - 14:30-17:00 - Free drop in
SUNDAY 9TH APRIL
- Street Photography Peckham - 11:15 - 16:30 - £20.00
Our takeover coincides with What If? - a major exhibition of works at Copeland Gallery next to The NINES by emerging talent on the Foundation Diploma.